Beacon Digital Marketing is looking for a Content Marketing Intern to be part of a fun, fast-paced, and growing digital marketing agency in the Hudson Valley. Our intern will help us execute content marketing services for several Beacon Digital clients.
Sound good so far? Here are some details:
At Beacon Digital, one of the core services we offer is content. Lots of content. You’ll get to help our team with copy for all things social, including drafting ad copy and organic content that packs a major punch.You’ll learn the ins and outs of writing for digital across platforms like Google, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and email.
You’ll also gain a ton of experience in SEO best practices and optimizing website content for organic search, as well as exposure to the latest marketing technology, including HubSpot, Pardot, Google Analytics, and programmatic ad buying and project management tools. As a member of a small team, you’ll get to see how content strategy is created and applied and get exposure to larger content and branding projects like voice and tone guides and content calendars.
Ready to apply? Let’s cover a few bases first. Are you:
- An ambitious, articulate, driven college student or recent grad looking to kick-off a career in content marketing?
- Excited about doing work for large, global clients in industries like cyber security, IT, fraud investigations, biometric technologies, legal and corporate compliance, recruiting, and nonprofit management?
- Cool with reporting to our Content Manager (she’s a rockstar) and working out of our Beacon, New York office? Remote positions are available for the right candidate, but we would prefer you to be able to be in our (brand new!) office a few days a week.
Here’s the breakdown.
- Positive attitude, show up on time, eager to help (did we mention positive attitude? We like positive people!)
- Current college student or recent graduate (ability to work part to full time during regular office hours)
- Strong writing and editing skills, with writing samples to share, and strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with copywriting best practices for social media and email
- Fluency with Google applications required and an aptitude for learning technology tools quickly
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Good at communicating with people
- Sense of humor
- Excellent problem-solving (You know how to “Google it” first)
- Responds to direction and takes initiative
- Understands professional office conduct
You will report to our Content Manager, but work closely with our whole team. Compensation is $15/hr and the position is not eligible for any company benefits or bonuses. The position can be either part-time or full-time (minimum of 20 hrs./week) starting no later than March 1, 2020. Please specify your availability in your cover letter. For any additional information or questions about the position, feel free to contact Braden Smith at email@example.com.
About Beacon Digital Marketing
At Beacon Digital, our mission is to help B2B companies generate more leads, gain greater awareness among target audiences, and leverage technology to become more efficient marketing organizations. Drawing on many years of experience working with top global brands across a variety of industries, we work closely with our clients to achieve measurable business results with our online strategies. Our team includes a number of seasoned marketing professionals, expertly assembled to meet the unique needs of each client.
Our services span many facets of marketing, including: digital marketing strategy consulting; lead generation and lead nurturing campaigns; online advertising strategy and management (SEM/PPC); search engine optimization (SEO); social media strategy, management, contests and advertising; email marketing; marketing automation and CRM integrations; marketing analytics, and much more. Beacon Digital is located in New York City, as well as Beacon, NY, in the scenic Hudson Valley.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-Time
Anticipated Start Date: March 1, 2020
Reports to: Content Manager