We are seeking a motivated and attentive Quality Assurance/Software Testing Specialist to be responsible for Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing and to conduct and document software application testing.
What We Offer
- A sweet office environment located on Main Street in Beacon, NY, within walking distance of great lunch spots and after-work activities.
- Ability to help us grow a company from the ground up, applying past learnings and best practices from other agency experiences.
- Healthcare benefits, including dental and vision, parental leave, and professional development opportunities
- A fun, supportive team based in the Hudson Valley with a strong and growing client base in NYC, Washington, DC, London, and beyond.
- Provide manual and automated testing of various software products to include web applications and web services
- Develop test plans and strategies--create test cases, test scripts and associated documentation
- Conduct testing, document and report defects to the team
- Participate in design and developer review meetings
- Provide full documentation of all deviations from the test plan
- Capture all data required to support test findings
- Suggest refinements to system requirements
- Assess the test process, including methods of improvement
- Coordinate creation of test plan documents with developers and project manager
- Work closely with application owners to understand application specifics and to create corresponding test plan and quality standards for the application
- Detail test documents with screenshots and videos
- Write, revise, update, and verify quality standards and test procedures
- Review test scenarios for completeness
- Perform other tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of the department/contract
- Perform other duties as assigned in the realm of digital marketing
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 1+ years relevant experience
- Ability to produce strong technical documentation that is clear and verifiable
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving and decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management from a support perspective
- Experienced user of Google’s Office Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Mail)
- Ability to think/work creatively, independently and as part of a team
- Must have high attention to detail and be able to multi-task and change focus between tasks easily
- Enthusiasm and service-minded attitude
- Interest in digital marketing and/or web design/development
- Experience in Web Design and/or Development
- Prior exposure to digital marketing practices and platforms like Wordpress, HubSpot, InVision, Pastel, and Asana
Salary Range: $35,000-$40,000
About Beacon Digital Marketing
At Beacon Digital, our mission is to help B2B companies generate more leads, gain greater awareness among target audiences, and leverage technology to become more efficient marketing organizations. Drawing on many years of experience working with top global brands across a variety of industries, we work closely with our clients to achieve measurable business results with our online strategies. Our team includes a number of seasoned marketing professionals, expertly assembled to meet the unique needs of each client.
Our services span many facets of marketing, including: digital marketing strategy consulting; lead generation and lead nurturing campaigns; online advertising strategy and management (SEM/PPC); search engine optimization (SEO); social media strategy, management, contests and advertising; email marketing; marketing automation and CRM integrations; marketing analytics, and much more. Beacon Digital is located in Beacon, NY, in the scenic Hudson Valley.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. No agencies, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Expected Start Date: December 2019