Beacon Digital Marketing is on the lookout for a social media manager who is ready to take on Facebook and Instagram content strategy, content creation and community management in its many shapes and sizes. Our content team concepts and develops a variety of digital content for clients, from long-form blog posts to website and social media copy and everything in between.
For this specific contractor role, we're looking for someone who can:
- Plan content calendars that incorporate the right mix of imagery, promotions, and engaging content for each client
- Write compelling social media posts for a quirky, personable consumer facing e-commerce brand
- Execute basic design work for social images (cropping, scaling, adding image copy) using client-provided assets
- Schedule content using tools like HubSpot, HeyOrca, Hootsuite or natively on Facebook and Instagram
- Analyze results to improve performance of organic social media campaigns and promotions
- Write professional and articulate emails to communicate directly with clients when needed
- Work with a rockstar team of digital marketers and creatives to shape the future of a rapidly growing, full-service digital marketing agency
To be a good fit for your team, you should be someone who:
- Is excited about social, the brands who use it well, best practices, and emerging features
- Can take direction but isn’t afraid to run with it
- Blends strategic and creative thinking to develop social content that people care about
- Stays on top of emerging technology and the latest in digital marketing and advertising trends
- Takes pride in their work and is excited to share it with the world. Anyone can put words on paper. We want someone who owns them.
- Is a team player. If you’re not willing to jump in and help, then this probably won’t work out.
- Wants to work with a large, global client in the ecomm space.
Before we wrap this up, these are the particulars:
- Bachelors or masters degree in marketing, graphic design, journalism, english or a related field
- Willing to commit to at least 20 hours per week, starting in mid-October, with a potential to add more hours in the coming year or become full-time.
- 1-3 years of experience as a digital copywriter or social content manager, preferably in an agency setting
Experience with digital ad and social design (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Deep understanding of content best practices for social, including experience with A/B testing across various digital ad units
- Creative experience in identifying target audiences and crafting compelling ad copy that yields results
- Experience working with social media management platforms like Hootsuite, Salesforce MarketingCloud, and marketing automation tools like HubSpot.
What We Offer
- The chance to work in a sweet office environment in Beacon, NY, or remote from your home.
- Regular team meetings via conference call, and in-person in Beacon or NYC, as necessary.
- A fun, supportive team that enjoys witty Slack banter (including but not limited to our very own Beacon Digital pets channel, the latest in HBO spoilers, and gifs galore), along with a strong and growing international client base.
- Flexible working environment
As a contract role, this position is not eligible for benefits.
About Beacon Digital Marketing
At Beacon Digital, our mission is to help B2B companies generate more leads, gain greater awareness among target audiences, and leverage technology to become more efficient marketing organizations. Drawing on many years of experience working with top global brands across a variety of industries, we work closely with our clients to achieve measurable business results with our online strategies. Our team includes a number of seasoned marketing professionals, expertly assembled to meet the unique needs of each client.
Our services span many facets of marketing, including: digital marketing strategy consulting; lead generation and lead nurturing campaigns; online advertising strategy and management (SEM/PPC); search engine optimization (SEO); social media strategy, management, contests and advertising; email marketing; marketing automation and CRM integrations; marketing analytics, and much more. Beacon Digital is located in New York City, as well as Beacon, NY, in the scenic Hudson Valley.
Job Type: Contract
Start Date: Oct. 15
Hourly Rate: DOE - Please state desired rate in cover letter
Reports to: Director of Content Strategy