This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly-growing digital agency at the ground level. Beacon Digital Marketing is looking for an office manager and entry level HR assistant who is interested in pitching-in to establish a fun company culture and shape the growth of an exciting new business. We see this role as a hybrid administrative office management role and HR/talent acquisition role.
- Answering, fielding, screening, and directing calls in a polite, professional manner.
- Answering general questions about Beacon Digital activities and projects
- Taking accurate messages when necessary.
- Checking voice mail daily.
- Greeting and monitoring reception traffic which includes staff, visitors, vendors, and volunteers.
- Assist all internal team members, and particularly CEO, with travel bookings and meetings and appointment setting as needed
- Manage conference room and event space bookings to avoid conflicting meetings; set up and oversight for external use of our event space
General Office Management:
- Oversee cleaning service to ensure the office is cleaned weekly
- Keep snacks, coffee, and beverages stocked in office kitchen
- Keep other office supplies stocked and in working order
- Regularly consult all staff members on office supply needs or workspace needs to improve their working spaces, including desks and chairs
- Keeping up with daily international communications: e-mails, Slack messages, project management tasks, and file maintenance.
- Handling incoming/outgoing mail shipments.
HR / Talent Management:
- Assist in the review of job applications as assigned and assist with checking references via email.
- Respond to initial inquiries concerning employment opportunities.
- Update new employee records and assist with setting onboarding meetings.
- Aide in the recruitment process for vacant positions to include ad placement, interview scheduling, applicant correspondence, and reference checks.
- Maintain current staff listings and all contact information and emergency contact information.
- Collaborate with the head of operations in recruiting diverse candidates from the applicant pool, and answering any questions regarding employment at Beacon Digital
- Prepare, proofread, format and process human resources documents, such as letters, memos, training calendars and materials, agendas, reports, statistical charts, labels, forms and examinations, rough drafts, recordings or verbal instructions.
- Assist with internal communication regarding holidays, company events, HR and benefits news, and other general announcements.
- Maintain a tracking system of staff attendance.
- Compile and maintain records, and preparing reports.
Our clients are primarily sophisticated B2B companies offering complex services and products to senior leaders in enterprise companies, including cyber security, fintech, human resource solutions, and technical software platforms. Therefore our team members must be comfortable interacting with C-level executives and speaking and writing to an educated corporate buyer.
What We Offer
- The chance to work in a sweet office environment in Beacon, NY.
- Regular team meetings via conference call, and in-person in Beacon or NYC, as necessary.
- Ability to help us grow a team from the ground up and contribute to our emerging company culture.
- A fun, supportive team that enjoys witty Slack banter, along with a strong and growing international client base.
- Lots of growth potential in a fast growing company -- Hard work is rewarded here!
- Flexible working environment.
- Degree in human resources, business, marketing, or a related field
- 3 years office experience
- Excellent typing skills; Google Suite and Microsoft Word experience, Internet, E-mail systems
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Capable of working independently with limited supervision. Self-starter, takes initiative, detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sense of humor and excellent interpersonal skills
As a rapidly growing business, Beacon Digital is committed to offering a competitive benefit package to all new employees, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, dental and vision, as well as access to tax-advantaged health and dependent care savings accounts.
About Beacon Digital Marketing
At Beacon Digital, our mission is to help B2B companies generate more leads, gain greater awareness among target audiences, and leverage technology to become more efficient marketing organizations. Drawing on many years of experience working with top global brands across a variety of industries, we work closely with our clients to achieve measurable business results with our online strategies. Our team includes a number of seasoned marketing professionals, expertly assembled to meet the unique needs of each client.
Our services span many facets of marketing, including: digital marketing strategy consulting; lead generation and lead nurturing campaigns; online advertising strategy and management (SEM/PPC); search engine optimization (SEO); social media strategy, management, contests and advertising; email marketing; marketing automation and CRM integrations; marketing analytics, and much more. Beacon Digital is located in New York City, as well as Beacon, NY, in the scenic Hudson Valley.
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: Immediate
Salary Range: $35K/year
Reports to: Director of Operations