How a Website ROI Calculator Can Engage Potential Customers
For your prospective clients, finding a Return-on-Investment (ROI) calculator on your website might just be the best thing since sliced bread. Website ROI calculators allow visitors to input their business information into a form to find out how implementing your product or service would directly impact their finances and objectives — all without having to go through a sales rep. It’s a simple, immediate tool that can be an important touchpoint in the customer journey, providing concrete information that entices visitors to take that next step toward converting to a sales meeting.
Not only are product ROI calculators a hit with prospects, they are a big plus for your business as well. As people engage with the tool on your website, they are entering real-time data that gives you insight into the business details of those in your target audience. Applying the information will help improve your B2B lead generation initiatives by attracting and engaging users in a way that generates trust and resonates with their needs, in turn helping to increase your own business ROI.
Why Product ROI Calculators Are Such a Big Hit
ROI calculators are incredibly popular among site visitors. Here are the top ways they improve the user experience.
Numbers don’t lie. On a traditional product page, visitors have to infer the value of your product for their specific business through the descriptive copy you’ve provided. ROI calculators add a level of customization that make the generic concrete. ROI calculators give a window into actual value based on the specific details of their unique business.
You’re not directly involved. No offense, but sometimes people don’t want to hear what a sales rep has to say about a product without doing their own research first. The average B2B purchaser is 57% of the way through the buying process before they engage with a sales rep. ROI calculators allow prospects to independently find the bottom-line info they’re looking for, and when they’re ready, they’ll be in touch to get started working with you. The ROI calculator shows them the why, you can then show them the how.
The focus is on the customer. ROI calculators focus the conversation on how a business can grow and thrive with your product, instead of simply listing out a set of features or benefits. A slight change in messaging perspective goes a long way for the user experience.
Not a “cost,” but an “investment.” When B2B decision-makers are researching products or services, one of their highest priorities is sticking to budget. Cost is a huge factor, but when that price tag comes with a way to turn an investment into a profit, it helps take away the sting.
Interactivity adds the spice. ROI calculators add additional value to your content by introducing interactivity to your website. 79% of content marketers agree that interactive content enhances the retention of brand messaging, according to Ion Interactive.
Implementing Your Own Website ROI Calculator
Have we convinced you yet? If you’re ready to add an ROI calculator to your website, or already have one and want to make sure its reaching its potential, here are some pointers.
- Build a Custom Landing Page: By giving your ROI calculator its own home on your website, you can optimize the page to provide an ideal user experience as well as optimize for search. A unique landing page eliminates distractions and can allow you to be more creative with layout and design.
- Feature a CTA on Your Home Page and Services Pages: Including a Call to Action (CTA) for the ROI calculator on relevant pages on your site will help nurture leads further through the buyer journey. Think about where visitors might start thinking about costs, and be sure to add a CTA to those pages.
- Choose Your Questions Carefully: An ROI calculator is only valuable if it’s addressing the visitor’s concerns around costs and returns. Choose a series of questions that addresses their business realities and pain points to bring back a meaningful result. Is it the cost of your product versus how much money they will save? Or the time they will save versus the costs?
- Ensure the Interactivity Works Smoothly: Nothing is more frustrating than a form or interactive feature that doesn’t work as it should. It’s better to go simple and make sure your ROI calculator is easy to use rather than fill it with fancy features that can break down.
- Strike the Right Balance Between Give and Take: ROI calculators provide enormous value to prospects. Should you give the information away for free, or collect an email address and customer details before revealing the results? It will depend on your goals and audience. Evaluate both before making your final decision.
The Process Brought to Life
Here are two examples of ROI calculators that have been designed to meet clients’ specific needs.1. HubSpot: HubSpot provides a simple ROI calculator that gets to the heart of a sales and marketing team’s concerns. After entering in basic metrics, the visitor gets a glimpse at charts showing how an increase in website traffic by using inbound marketing corresponds to an increase in leads and potential annual revenue.
2. AvidXchange: AvidXchange provides a software platform that automates the accounts payables process. For accounting teams, manual and paper-based processes lose them time and money. This ROI calculator allows them to discover how AvidXchange can help them recover both. The design and interface of the ROI calculator is visually-appealing and offers interactivity with a sliding bar. The custom landing page and simple form are clear and easy to navigate, allowing the focus to be on the benefits of AP automation.
Like what you see? Get in touch to learn how we can help you build a website ROI calculator that nurtures and converts.